Friday, June 26, 2015

June 26 - Blogging GC'15

I am occupied by the work of my legislative committee (#20 on Marriage), and I'm skipping things to do it, and I'm afraid I did not devote enough time to blogging this morning before other people's day, and meetings, began.

So I thought I would simply mention that this is the publication during General Conventions that I consistently read, every issue: Center Aisle.

I don't agree with everything they print, but for me this publication is a reliable way to sound out whether I am confident about my own positions on the issues before Convention. Often I agree, and when I don't, I know important concerns I need to be able to answer.

As you will see if you follow the link, it is published through the Diocese of Virginia.

During my 7:30 a.m. committee meeting this morning, we received word of the Supreme Court's 5-4 ruling upholding the right to marry for all people in all 50 of the United States. We paused, had a moving moment of prayer and reflection, and adjourned to consider the implications for our lives in our Church at this historic moment.

We have another full day of legislative sessions and committee hearings and meetings ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment